Selecting a Lender
Your Realtor will be helpful in selecting a mortgage lender that best fits your needs. His experience with various lenders will assure you of finding a mortgage professional that will know how to move the process from application to closing.
It’s important to check the rates of at least three lenders and interview all of them to make sure they are a good fit and will work hard for you during the buying process and will be responsive to your calls and emails. You want a lender that is a problem solver and not a product pusher.
A lender that does not walk you through the entire process and is slow to return your calls is a lender you need to fire immediately. If you are not a priority for him, your loan may be delayed thus delaying your closing.
Interview at least three lenders and ask them to pre-qualify you for a mortgage. During the interview, be sure to use the checklist provided.
- The lender selected was professional and represented a reputable company.
- I liked his personality and feel like we are a good fit and he has my best interest at heart.
- My lender is a good communicator.
- He walked me through the entire mortgage process and help me set expectations.
- He disclosed all fees and cost upfront.
- He is responsive to my calls and emails and I feel like my loan will be a priority.
- My lender takes time to answer all my questions.
- My lender knows my Realtor and they have worked together on other transactions.
- He is high on technology and lots of our work together can be handled online.
Links To Additional Resources
Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc. http://www.houseloan.com
BB&T Home Mortgage
Wells Fargo Mortgage